We live in an increasingly complex world. Every day we are bombarded with information. In order to remain capable of acting, our brain tries to filter out and interpret the most important information. To do this, we use categories, stereotypes and memories to make the world manageable for us. These habits of our thinking are extremely efficient. Nevertheless, they lead to the creation of Unconscious Bias, which leads to erroneous unconscious prejudices and decisions.
Unconscious biases have a considerable influence on how we work with other people. This has many consequences: we underestimate or overestimate the competence of people, prefer people who are similar to us and allow ourselves to be influenced by the group. Talents are overlooked, not the best people promoted. Needs are misjudged. Examples of relevant fields of action are: project staffing, appraisal procedures, attitude, team culture and interaction.
When you are sensitized to Unconscious Bias, this strengthens your decision-making and leadership skills. You learn to reflect better so that decisions can be made more unprejudiced, objective and performance-oriented.
- How are Unconscious Bias created. Explanation of the neuroscientific/psychological background. Understanding the effect of biases on (personnel) decisions.
- Reflection on one's own "blind spots" in everyday situations - as those affected and those responsible. Develop a more responsible approach to dealing with them.
- Micro-Behaviours: The influence of unconscious non-verbal behaviour patterns on communication and team performance.
- Structural biases: The effects of university-specific norms and group thinking on diversity strategies and the ability to compete and innovate.
- Learning of concrete anti-bias strategies that directly address decision-making processes, such as behavioural economic interventions (nudges).
- Strengthening integrative behaviour in the sense of diversity-aware leadership (inclusive leadership).
- Development of individual measures in one's own work area (implementation plans and decision guides).
Requirement: This is an interactive, virtual training. Participants are required to have a PC with Video and Microphone. Participation via Smartphone is not possible, as you are going to share files and work on a virtual whiteboards together.
The seminar take place at the following dates:
- 07.06.2021, 9:00 -12:30
- 08.06.2021, 9:00 -12:30
- 16.06.2021, 9:00 -12:30
- 17.06.2021, 9:00-12:30
Dieses Seminar gehört zu den überfachlichen Lehrveranstaltungen zur Vermittlung von fachübergreifenden Schlüsselqualifikationen nach §5 Abs. 4 Nr. 2 PromO 2016.
Für die Teilnahme an diesem Workshop erhalten die Teilnehmer/innen 1 Leistungspunkt.
Der genaue Veranstaltungsort wird eine Woche vor der Veranstaltung per E-Mail bekannt gegeben.