|Zeit:||21. Oktober 2022 – 31. Mai 2023|
|Referent/in:||Laura Busch (program manager), Dr. Jana Leipold (trainer).|
|Download als iCal:||
Peer Mentoring - briefly explained
In the Peer Mentoring, the mentoring relationship takes place without a mentor. Mentees of the same qualification level meet and exchange in small groups of 5 to 7 participants with the help of the method of collegial counseling in regular, structured, self-organized work meetings on professional, career and everyday issues. At the beginning, the participants are trained in the method by an external trainer, with refresher training after a few months.
The duration of the program is up to 3-5 years, depending on each peer mentoring group. Every group defines its own program's duration.
What is Collegial Counselling?
Collegial counseling is a structured method for peers to mutually advice each other. In a fixed consulting group, the peers learn and develop together. The regular counseling also helps to master the challenges that arise in everyday professional life during the doctorate.
What are the goals?
- Exchanging experience with peers.
- Joint reflection, discussion, and mutual support on relevant professional, career, and everyday issues in a trusting, appreciative, and noncompetitive setting.
- Building up a network.
How does it work?
Peer mentoring at GRADUS is structured in three stages:
- Information session: interested persons receive an overview of the consulting method Collegial Counseling, so that they can then decide whether they would like to explore this topic further and become a member of a peer mentoring group.
- Training on "Collegial Counseling" (full day): The participants learn how to use the method theoretically and practically by using it directly in peer mentoring group that are formed in the training. After the event, the peers are able to meet and advice independently in these groups. From this point on, each group coordinates its own meetings, defines the framework of it (type, time, dates, etc.) and meet regularly.
- Refresher Training: After about half a year, all groups meet again to reflect and discuss experiences and find solutions for possible challenges in the groups.
If necessary, the individual groups can take advantage of team coaching.
- Virtual Information Session I October 2022, 10.00-12.00 Uhr -> Register here
- Workshop: Collegial Counselling (full day; virtual) I November 7, 2022, 9.00 am-5.00 pm
- Refresher Training (half-day; virtual or on site) | May 2023
Trainer: Dr. Jana Leipold, Head of the department PE1 - Leadership, Personnel Selection and Retention at the University of Mainz and systemic coach as well as consultant for leading executives
Further information on our mentoring programs at the Graduate Academy you find here.