In recent years it has become clear that more ethical reflection and debate is needed concerning new and emerging technologies (e.g. genetic engineering, nanotechnology and synthetic biology): Society has to find ways to deal with more and more negative side effects of modern technologies while trying to keep the benefits.
Aspects of accountability, sustainability, security and safety have to be clarified, and those who develop and apply new technologies have to find a balance between their own goals, societal requirements and economic as well as regulatory aspects.
In this seminar we will analyse case studies and look for concrete solutions in different scenarios. Ethical issues in technical professions will also be discussed, both concerning individual issues and professional ethics.
After successful participation in the course, participants will
- differentiate between different ethical concepts
- differentiate between the different ethical dimensions in the context of science and technology
- describe basic problems of technology assessment
- apply ethical concepts to questions of technology assessment
- analyze case studies
- take a position concerning ethical questions and questions of accountability/responsibility
- trace back different kinds of technology assessment to different ethical positions
- develop own positions/opinions
The seminar take place at the following dates:
- 08. and 09. March 2021, 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- 15. and 16. March 2021, 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Dieses Seminar gehört zu den überfachlichen Lehrveranstaltungen zur Vermittlung interdisziplinärer Themen nach §5 Abs. 4 Nr. 3 PromO 2016.
Für die Teilnahme an diesem Workshop erhalten die Teilnehmer/innen 1 Leistungspunkt.
Der genaue Veranstaltungsort wird eine Woche vor der Veranstaltung per E-Mail bekannt gegeben.