The promotion of junior and tenure-track professors is a particular goal of the University of Stuttgart. For this purpose, the university has adopted quality assurance concepts that include participation in the mentoring program.
The program's aim is to bring you together with experienced colleagues at the University of Stuttgart. This is because it is important that the great wealth of informal knowledge is passed on to you, thus promoting a culture of openness, cooperation, mutual support, and ultimately shared responsibility for the further development of our university.
You as junior and tenure-track professors have the opportunity to take advantage of individual one-on-one mentoring in the LiveScience Mentoring Program at GRADUS. You are invited to approach us at any time if you want to become part of the program. The mentoring is embedded in networking events to connect with other mentees and mentors within the program.
- You will get to know your academic environment faster and more thoroughly.
- You will be able to foster your networking within and beyond the University.
- You will gain a better understanding of the goals and interrelationships of our University and the cooperation between its various faculties, academic institutions and administrative areas.
- You will reflect on your new role as a junior or Tenure-track professor.
- You will be able to expand your problem-solving strategies with concrete examples from your everyday work life.
- You will become aware of your strengths and your own impact.
- You will gain clarity about your own career path.
- You will overcome your personal obstacles and achieve your professional goals and wishes.
- You will become part of our inspiring network and educate yourself in our events and trainings on career and personal development topics.
Requirements and application
- You are willing to proactively establish and maintain a mentoring relationship.
- You can imagine becoming a mentor yourself in the future.
- To take part in the LiveScience mentoring program, we ask the participants to pay a one-time participation fee of 75.00 Euro. This fee helps us to offer catering at the networking activities within our mentoring programs.
Here you can register as a mentee and become part of our inspiring network. Please fill out the profile form and send it to us together with your CV. Your information will help us to find a suitable mentor for you. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org