As a mentor, you provide advice and support to a mentee over a specified period of time according to the mentoring program. In the mentoring relationship, the mentee takes on a proactive role and arranges regular meetings in consultation with you. These meetings can take place in person, virtually or by telephone. The topics of the individual meetings are determined jointly by you and the mentee and are based on the needs of the mentee.
The goal of the mentoring partnership is to learn from each other. The mentee benefits both professionally and personally from the professional and life experience that you as a mentor bring to the tandem relationship. Through this transfer of knowledge and experience, you actively promote young scientists as well as future leaders. In the context of mentoring, you can expand your own consulting competencies and have the opportunity to set - and also receive - new impulses.
- Are you interested in supporting young researchers in their growth by sharing your expertise and knowledge?
- Do you want to assist the next generation of talent succeed in their personal and career oriented goals?
- Do you wish you had someone to guide you when you were trying to navigate your own path to success and now want to pay it forward?
- You preferably bring several years of management experience in a company or scientific institution.
- There are no restrictions as far as professional groups are concerned.
- You must be willing to meet regularly with your mentee over a period of one to two years (depending on the program). The meetings can take place online, on-site or by telephone.
- You are able to join the core events of the mentoring program.
- You will be able to set realistic expectations and goals with your mentee.
- You are able to listen to the mentee and provide constructive feedback to help them grow personally and professionally.
- You are willing to share professional experience, expertise and contacts with your mentee.
We welcome mentors of all genders and ages, regardless of your professional background or industry!
If you would like to contribute to the success of the mentoring program as a mentor, please contact the mentoring team. We will be happy to assist you.