July 21 – 22, 2020
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Michael Protogerakis (Prior to his career at the University of Applied Sciences Düsseldorf as professor for process control engineering and networked automation systems, Prof. Protogerakis worked from 2011 to 2018 in technical consulting at the P3 Group. His work at P3 Group included numerous projects as Senior Consultant and since 2013 a position as Head of Department with responsibility for up to 50 consultants, who mainly worked on projects on site at the client. The client industries ranged from energy industry, automotive OEMs, mobile network operators to chemical industry. Currently Prof. Protogerakis is engaged in research as well as consulting in strategic aspects of digitalization in the process industry and technical aspects of process data acquisition and networking, especially in legacy environments).
Ph.D.-Students are usually confronted with project management. The knowledge and method competencies in project management are fundamentally important in many sectors such as academia, administration, business and industry. The interactive design of the course aims to pool your knowledge and experiences of project management with those of other young researchers. We will have a closer look at important steps at the beginning of each project and you will apply the planning tools introduced to your own projects. The aim is to both question and professionalise your current way of planning and managing projects and to gain knowledge about the typical pitfalls in project management.
- Time- and self-management in the project management
- Management of expectations
- Planning the project structure, setting up time-tables
- Risk assessment and control
- Time as a resource, weekly, monthly and yearly planning
- Detecting and dealing with time-thieves
- Gaining control
- Detecting causers of stress
- Making commitments
- Communication within the project team
Dieses Seminar gehört zu den überfachlichen Lehrveranstaltungen zur Vermittlung von fachübergreifenden Schlüsselqualifikationen nach §5 Abs. 4 Nr. 2 PromO 2016.
Azenbergareal. Der genaue Veranstaltungsort wird eine Woche vor der Veranstaltung per E-Mail bekannt gegeben.