November 9 – 20, 2020
- Dr. phil. Iris Wangermann (German-Austrian I Diploma in Psychology Intercultural Business Communication I Intercultural & Diversity Competence Trainer since 2003 I In Human Resources and Organizational Development of international companies and universities I Bottom-up Facilitator & Guide I Eight years of work Living & Studying in Italy, Austria and the USA I Moderator I Speaker I Coach I Consultant I Interim Professor for Intercultural Business Communication 2012-2014 at the Hamburg University of Applied Sciences I Lateral Thinker I Empathic I Detail-Freak with Vision I Like daily meditation in motion - Yoga and the peaceful martial art Aikido I Researcher-Soul I Nature Lover I Mover & Shaker).
Due to increasing globalization, intercultural teamwork is already part of everyday work at many German universities.
When academics from different cultures work together, it quickly becomes clear that there are considerable cultural differences. Both in communication and in behavior. Numerous studies show that it is not enough to say: "At the end of the day, we are all equal. That's true, but we're also all different. And not becoming aware of these differences and constructively looking for bridges and the more of diversity is not possible without appropriate preparation. This is also shown by numerous studies. The consequences: Misunderstandings, loss of face, inefficient cooperation, poor team spirit, no innovation.
This does not have to be the case!
In this training the participants get a sustainable understanding of international and interdisciplinary team competences, taking into account their own culture. They develop and receive numerous good practices and practice interculturally competent team behaviour through practical exercises and tasks. They will also have the opportunity to ask numerous questions and exchange experiences with others in the same situation.
Sensitization for own and foreign cultural patterns
- Developing an understanding of our own cultural patterns of action as a basis for understanding the actions and ways of thinking of other cultures.
Introduction to the most important intercultural dimensions
- Recognize and accept value systems.
- Central characteristics of different cultures.
- Using cultural parameters for intercultural communication.
International teams - more than the sum of individual achievements
- Getting to know the success and failure factors of international cooperation and projects.
- Different phases of team development in a cultural context.
- Processes in international teams
- Clarify and implement targets.
- Motivation of the team colleagues.
Focus on international challenges
- The importance of trust.
- Actions and actions to strengthen trust.
- Meaning and function of hierarchy.
- The challenge of time management.
- Different understanding of quality.
- Dealing with conflicts.
Case discussions from the practical experience of the trainer and participants.
Requirement: This is an interactive, virtual training. Participants are required to have a PC with Video and Microphone. Participation via Smartphone is not possible, as you are going to share files and work on a virtual whiteboards together.
The seminar take place at the following dates:
- 09.11.2020, 9:00 -12:30
- 10.11.2020, 9:00 -12:30
- 19.11.2020, 9:00 -12:30
- 20.11.2020, 9:00-12:30
Dieses Seminar gehört zu den überfachlichen Lehrveranstaltungen zur Vermittlung von fachübergreifenden Schlüsselqualifikationen nach §5 Abs. 4 Nr. 2 PromO 2016.
Azenbergareal. Der genaue Veranstaltungsort wird eine Woche vor der Veranstaltung per E-Mail bekannt gegeben.