|Zeit:||19. Mai 2021, 09:00 Uhr – 20. Mai 2021, 17:00 Uhr|
|Referent/in:||Eva Fernández Ammann (freiberufliche Trainerin, Moderatorin und Referentin für Hochschulen, Unternehmen und Verbände).|
|Download als iCal:||
Working in a multilingual and intercultural scientific environment can sometimes be very challenging. Successful dealing with cultural differences in working and communication styles requires a deeper understanding of individual and cultural concepts, which include our ideas, values, standards and norms. The awareness of our own culturally determined perception provides the basis of continuous development of intercultural competence.
The Workshop “Working Successfully in an Intercultural Academic Environment” therefore aims at creating an understanding of differing culture-specific concepts and expectations. The participants will learn how to handle different structures of communication and ways of interaction in multicultural teams characterized by the diversity of personalities, values, and working styles. Furthermore, they will increase their abilities to define and to communicate their needs and requirements with supervisors, team members and colleagues. They will analyze of their own specific professional and cultural context in order to provide successful transfer of the knowledge and skills acquired on the training to their daily working and communicative practice in an intercultural academic environment.
- Seeing the notion of culture as holistic concept that includes more than just nationality and accepting (cultural) diversity as normality, not as the exception
- Reflecting on your own as well as others’ cultural profiles
- Identifying culturally differing values as well as different structures of communication
- Developing awareness about the fact that cultural differences are not necessarily the right explanation for team conflicts
- Gaining knowledge and skills for (intercultural) team development by creating a common identity and considering individual chances and challenges
Dieses Seminar gehört zu den überfachlichen Lehrveranstaltungen zur Vermittlung von fachübergreifenden Schlüsselqualifikationen nach §5 Abs. 4 Nr. 2 PromO 2016.
Für die Teilnahme an diesem Workshop erhalten die Teilnehmer/innen 1 Leistungspunkt.
Der genaue Veranstaltungsort wird eine Woche vor der Veranstaltung per E-Mail bekannt gegeben.