Your research is important to you, but it can be challenging to demonstrate its significance to other people, especially when English is not your native language. Writing convincing grant proposals is an indispensable skill for researchers. Excellent English can help to persuade your audience, while awkward writing has the potential to cloud your message. This workshop highlights key language elements that can help your English proposal stand out for the right reasons.
- Ability to identify and use persuasive and descriptive language
- Understanding key differences between grant writing and other types of academic writing
- Knowing essential vocabulary and phrases
- Composing adequate sentence structures (advantages of active vs. passive voice)
- Knowing the appropriate verb tenses for each section
- Identifying and solving common problems of grant writing
Requirement: Participants are required to work through asynchronous online materials via ILIAS and to participate in the synchronous Webex meetings with the instructor. To profit the most from this workshop, participants are requested to identify a grant or research funding opportunity that they would like to use for practice writing.
Dieses Seminar gehört zu den überfachlichen Lehrveranstaltungen zur Vermittlung von fachübergreifenden Schlüsselqualifikationen nach §5 Abs. 4 Nr. 2 PromO 2016.
Für die Teilnahme an diesem Workshop erhalten die Teilnehmer/innen 1 Leistungspunkt.